10 Commandments When Pulled Over
If The police pull you over, follow these 10 Commandments.
- Hand the officer your driver’s license or ID card and insurance card.
- Respectfully tell the officer that you are invoking your rights to remain silent and to an attorney under the 5th Amendment of the United States Constitution. After that, say nothing.
- Respectfully tell the officer that you want to leave. If he does not allow you to leave, ask to speak to an attorney immediately.
- If told to, get out of the car.
Thou Shalt Not’s:
- Thou Shalt Not perform any “field sobriety tests.” Do not submit to an “eye exam.”
- Thou Shalt Not blow into any breath test machine or a breathalyzer.
- Thou Shalt Not agree to an examination by a DRE (drug recognition expert).
- Thou Shalt Not agree to provide a sample of your blood, even if the officer threatens to get a warrant. Make him get the warrant.
- Thou Shalt Not let the police, jail, or nursing staff take your blood unless you are shown a warrant to take your blood.
- Thou Shalt Not consent to any searches of your person, your vehicle, or anything else.
By Marcus Olds