Traffic accidents can cause injuries, but those are rarely as severe as motorcycle accident injuries. Motorcycles lack the protection and safety features of other motor vehicles. This makes motorcyclists more vulnerable to passenger vehicles and driver negligence. A good Texas motorcycle attorney understands this, but how can you be sure the lawyer you want to hire is one of these good attorneys?
Choosing the right motorcycle accident attorney to represent you is critical. If they do not understand you as a rider, how can they represent your best interests? Before you pick a law firm, here are five important questions you should ask your Texas motorcycle accident lawyer.
Five Questions to Ask Your Texas Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you’ve suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident in Texas, it is important to know that you are not alone. You have a right to seek compensation from the “at fault” driver for the injuries and damages you suffered. Unfortunately, collecting the compensation you need may be difficult without the right help.
Here are a few questions you can ask to help ensure you are talking to the right Texas motorcycle attorney for you.
- Do you have experience representing injured motorcyclists? Injured motorcyclists need someone with knowledge of motorcycle accident laws. That attorney should be familiar with the injuries and issues motorcyclists may face after an accident. If they are not familiar with this area of practice, they may neglect to pursue the compensation you really need.
- What is your success rate? Has your attorney successfully represented motorcyclists in the past? Past verdicts and settlements may indicate a lawyer’s abilities and willingness to litigate. Though not guarantee future success, these successes are a good place to start understanding your new attorney.
- Who will handle the case? The Texas motorcycle attorney you meet with may not be the one actually handling your case. In some instances, an associate or paralegal may be handling various aspects of your case. It is best to determine who you will be working with and who will be in charge of your lawsuit.
- Do you have time for my case? Some attorneys are simply too busy to actively work on your case. If so, it is best to find a different attorney who can give your case the attention it needs and deserves.
- What are the fees? Some attorneys will work on your case on a contingency basis. Others will charge fees. It is best to determine what fees and expenses you are responsible for so that there aren’t any surprises as your case progresses. Any agreement between you and your attorney must clearly state fees and costs.
Why You Need Our Motorcycle Accident Law Firm on Your Side
In 2016, over 5,000 motorcyclists lost their lives in crashes across the United States (NHTSA). Thousands more suffered injuries that year in preventable horrific accidents. There are no reinforced steel cages, seatbelts, or airbags protecting riders from harm. So they need an attorney who will act as a shield when the injured need compensation.
At David K. Wilson & Associates, we fight aggressively for our clients from the very start. We know injured riders need money now, and without legal representation, they could face a long, uphill battle. So call our Texas motorcycle accident lawyer to help you get the compensation you need after a motorcycle accident.
We know how to fight insurance companies and win! Contact our law firm today at (903) 870-9050 or fill out our confidential contact form. We are ready to help you through this difficult time.